Sunday, 2 February 2014

St Ives Microdermabrasion Scrub



It seems to have taken manufacturers years to get this kind of thing right.  I remember the original Aapri facial scrubs in the 1980s (showing my age there!) they were made of ground up apricot stones.  It felt like rubbing your face on Chesil Beach and could quite easily have been used to sandblast the town hall.  We bought them though because we didn't know any better, oh, and they smelled good enough to eat!  After that came a generation of scrubs which were just too gentle to be of any benefit whatsoever.  There were far fewer granules in these and it often felt like I was chasing just one bit of "grit" around my face.  After that, I gave up on facial scrubs for a while, but I recently gave St Ives Microdermabrasion Scrub a go and it's brill!  It seems to have the right balance between being effective yet gentle.  The "grains" are plentiful yet feel gentler than anything else I've tried, I feel like I've sloughed off all the dead skin cells without leaving my skin red-raw.  As I have quite sensitive skin I certainly won't be using this product daily, but I'll certainly be using it once or twice a week just to give my complexion a really good boost.

No comments:

Post a Comment