Monday, 3 February 2014

Detox Tisane

And now for something completely different!  I don't know about you, but I still feel like I'm recovering from the excesses of Christmas and New Year.  Maybe I just had a bit too much of a good time, or maybe I'm just feeling the effects of Winter, but I definitely need something to give me a bit of a boost and a detox tisane seems a nice, gentle way of approaching this.  A tisane is basically a herbal tea, but rather than buying it as tea bags, I bought this particular one from a local tea and coffee merchant where they have a wide range of tisanes they make up themselves and you buy them loose and one of the main differences (apart from the fact it doesn't come in little tea-bags) is that the ingredients aren't ground down into tiny leaves, it's left more in its natural state so you tend to get whole little flower heads and leaves in there.  This detox tisane contains a whole host of cleansing herbs and flowers such as chamomile and peppermint and to be honest, I wasn't sure if it was something which I was going to be able to drink for pleasure, but do you know what, I really like it, it isn't too overpowering with either the taste or smell so hopefully this will be just the tonic I need!

No comments:

Post a Comment