Monday, 20 January 2014

Winter Wardrobe Staples


I've been a bit slow off the blocks sorting myself out for Winter this year.  Maybe it's because - so far - we've been a bit luckier with the weather, no snow or ice yet to speak of, at least not in my neck of the woods anyway and what with the snowdrops being in bloom and the days becoming a bit longer I'm optimistic for an early Spring!  Mind you, WinterWatch is on BBC2 this week, so maybe I'm just kidding myself!  Anyway, always one to be prepared, I've had a last minute shop for a few Winter basics to make sure I'm prepared whatever the weather!


The Parka is definitely the coat of the season, wherever I look I see folk in Parkas - men, women, old and young alike.  I bought this one from www.very.co.uk and I'm lovin' it!  It was one of those occasions where you see something online, order it and then find out when it arrives that it's even nicer than you imagined.  The best thing about this for me, though, is the fact that it isn't too bulky, yet still feels really warm.  I got this in black, but posted the blue picci as it shows the details a bit more clearly.
This tartan scarf from Primark has been a bit of a cult fashion item; I think there were originally three slightly different variations of this, but I loved the bright colours on this one and it really brightens up my black Parka.  As far as I'm aware, I think these sold out in Primark long ago, but I know that quite a few people bought these in bulk and can now be found on Ebay.


Finally, I found these boots by Joe Brown's at www.simplybe.co.uk.  They're perfect for me as I struggle to find boots that are wide enough either in the foot or around the ankle.  These are very comfy and I'm contemplating buying a second pair which are studded.
So that's me sorted for Winter and do you know, I may actually be a bit disappointed if it doesn't snow after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment