Tuesday, 14 January 2014

Supermarket Sweep

Supermarkets are brilliant for beauty basics and accessories.  For one thing, you can kill two birds with one stone and do the food shopping at the same time, but also, they always seem to have some brilliant offers on.


Sainsbury's has a good offer on Max Factor makeup at the moment, 2 items for £10 on selected items.  I picked up a Glossfinity nail varnish (colour 55 Angel Nails) and a mascara I've been wanting to try for a while, the Tonal Black Volumising Mascara (for blue eyes) which is supposed to enhance your natural eye colour - we shall see!  I also noticed this new limited edition Dove Body Wash Winter Care, I haven't seen any advertising for this anywhere, but I'm guessing it's extra moisturising for the harsh Winter months.  I grabbed a packet of Sainsbury's own twin-blade razors (cheap as chips) and another Garnier Intensive 7 Days Ultra-Replenishing Lotion (very dry skin) which is still on offer for £2.


Asda is really useful for cheap and cheerful accessories.  I picked up a pair of plain black fleece gloves for £1.50 - bargain!  At that price I won't be too upset if I do my usual and manage to lose one of them at some point!  I haven't used an exfoliator in ages, but feel I could benefit from one now so I bought the St Ives Daily Microdermabrasion one to try.  There are loads of discounts on the make up ranges at Asda and I picked up a George Eye Pencil (Silver) and a George Eyeshadow (gorgeous soft lilac colour).  The Rimmel Lasting Finish nailvarnishes were reduced to £1.98, this is colour 702 Marshmallow Heaven and Collection 2000 certainly know how to appeal to my inner Goth with their new selection of Gothic Glam nailvarnishes.  I think there were 3 or 4 shades to chose from that range, this one is Dramatic.  Finally, I popped a pack of Dove cream bars in my basket and I was done!

I'll be doing full reviews and colour swatches of most of these products over the next few days, so don't forget to keep checking back for that.


No comments:

Post a Comment