Sunday, 19 January 2014

Simple Illuminating Radiance Cream

I'm not too sure how I managed it, but last night I slept for a solid thirteen hours!  What's even more amazing is the fact that I still looked tired and washed out even after all those Zzzs!  Anyway, I thought today would be the perfect opportunity to try out a free sample I'd received in last month's Marie Claire magazine which was Simple Illuminating Radiance Cream.

I've worn this cream today with no moisturiser underneath and no makeup on top so that I could be 100% certain that any benefits were purely down to this product and nothing else (ooh, get me being all scientific!)

So, first impressions:  it was a lovely rich, moisturising cream which absorbed into the skin nicely, leaving no oily residue.  If I'd planned to wear makeup on top I could have applied it straight away.  I could tell instantly that my face did indeed look illuminated, but not in an over the top kind of way.  I'd made a point of applying a generous amount underneath my eyes and it had just enough illuminosity to lighten that area without looking un-natural.  Given that it also has an SPF15 added, I was very impressed...so far.

Unfortunately, neither the moisturisation nor the illumination lasted very long.  After about 4 hours I felt like my skin was crying out for more moisturiser and there was no sign of the flattering illumination effect.  A great pity because based on the fact that it has an SPF, was initially very moisturising and really did brighten up my very tired face, if it had greater staying power this would  be the ideal "lazy Sunday" product.

No comments:

Post a Comment