Friday, 17 January 2014

Nail Inspiration #2

Barry M consistently produces excellent quality nail paints: the brushes are easy to use, the consistency is nice to work with and there seems to be any possible colour or effect you could wish for.  Oh, and they're reasonably priced too (always a major plus point as far as I'm concerned!)  So when the matte effect range was released recently I couldn't wait to try it out.

I bought Barry M Matte Nail Paint in shade Crush.  It glided on as beautifully as any other Barry M nail paint, appears glossy whilst wet but then dries to a matte finish.  Overall I was a little disappointed with this product and probably won't be buying any of the other shades.  For one thing, the matte effect is so unforgiving; you have to get a really even coat all over the nail otherwise any little areas where it was applied a bit more thinly really stand out, as do any signs of brush stokes.  Anyone who is more skilled at applying nail varnish than I am (not that that takes a lot of doing to be honest) may be more impressed than I am with this product.  The other problem is that you can't apply a top coat to improve its longevity without negating the matte effect however, I must say, it has dried to a very rock-hard finish, so it may be ok without it. There were a couple of plus points about this product though - I love the colour, it's very deeply pigmented and you get a good depth of colour from it, you can see from the photo that the colour on my nails actually ended up being darker than it appears in the bottle, that doesn't often happen and I'm already regretting not using a base coat.  Also, this has got to be the quickest drying nail varnish in the World, so may be handy when you're in a rush.

No comments:

Post a Comment