Thursday, 16 January 2014

Nail Inspiration #1








I was watching Ellie Goulding's "Starry Eyed" video yesterday and I loved the bit where she had a million and one sparkly stars coming out of her hands.  I thought it would be wonderful to try and recreate that effect as a nail look and this is what I came up with.

I put two coats of Boots' Seventeen Lasting Fix Nail Colour in Midnight Sapphire on each ring finger, then added a shooting star effect nail sticker.  On my remaining fingers I added Models Own nail polish in Blizzard, which is such an amazing glittery polish.  When I apply glittery nail varnishes I tend to avoid the normal sweeping action as this just pushes all the little glitter particles to the nail tip, I use a kind of dabbing motion to pat the glitter onto the nail and this way you get a more even coverage of the glitter.  I was quite pleased with the results, but I think that the glitter varnish would look really sparkly over the midnight blue colour, so I'll give that combo a go in the future.



No comments:

Post a Comment