Thursday, 23 January 2014

Accidental Haul @ Claire's Accessories

In my blog I've had a go at a few looks for nails; the problem is, my nails aren't in the best of health, what looks ok with the naked eye looks far from professional when photographed and displayed on a computer screen.  This is where beauty blogs really come into their own.  I had a look through a few different blogs on nail care and decided that I'd benefit from a nail buffer and some proper base coat.  I was in town this morning and whilst my lovely partner Sean was in M&S doing a food shop I nipped across the road to Claire's Accessories, with the aforementioned purchases in mind.  I found what I was looking for and then noticed a few sale racks (lethal!) and found a set of nailvarnishes in lovely pastel colours which had been reduced from £8 to £4.  "Bargain" I thought and headed for the till.  The lovely assistant pointed out that the sale items were all 3 for £5.00, so I could pick out another couple of items for just an extra quid.  This certainly made good economic sense to me and so I added another nail varnish set (glittery) and a pot of nail sequins to my basket.  In the car on the way home I worked out that my 3 for £5 items would originally have cost £22 so thought I'd copped a real bargain.

I might be judging a bit prematurely here, but I've been having a bit of a play around with my purchases this afternoon and I have to say that it's a bit of a mixed bag quality-wise.  The base coat seems ok, though I've yet to give that a proper test-drive, but the nail buffer...erm...I think I'm going to struggle to buff anything with this!  The glitter nail varnishes are just useless.  You could put 20 coats of these on and still not see any glitter on your nails, not without binoculars anyway.  The pastel shades, on the other hand (excuse the pun) are much better, I'm sure I'll get a lot of use out of those.  The only real redeeming purchase was the pot of nail sequins.  Oh my goodness, these are brilliant, such a pretty range of colours and ever so blingy, they certainly catch the light.  I like the fact that the pot comes with a little brush so that you can knock any excess sequins back into the pot to use again.  So overall, something of a disappointment from Claire's, I won't be rushing back to try anything else from there, after all, a bargain is only a bargain if the product does what it's supposed to.

Fortunately, I had a little delivery in the post this morning which cheered me up, these lovely nail stickers which I bought on Ebay.  I got dragonflies, ladybirds and pink flowers.  I'm really looking forward to trying these out.

No comments:

Post a Comment